Lucy came from a few places really. As many of you know I (and Gerald, though not as much as I) am a huge Beatles fan (Sigh if you must but oh well) and one of my favorite songs is "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." But hold on because that's not the only reason! I have always thought the name Lucy was so beautiful, it just sounded like a strong, timeless name (like one of my favorites Lucille Ball, though she is NOT named after her, as much as I love her, no!). I looked up the meaning of Lucy (a long time ago) and it mean light or the bringer of light! When I read that I just thought how perfect. Plus Lucy was the only girl name that Gerald and I both agreed on and both liked!


Now Ann, which I have already heard form others so please don't say, "That is boring" or "Everyone has that middle name," comes from a very special place for both Gerald and me. It is a family name on both sides of our families. From Gerald's side it is his mother's middle name. His mom is probably one of the sweetest and kindest people anyone will ever meet. I dare you to find one person who could say anything remotely negative about my mother-in-law, go ahead I'll wait. Every one of Gerald's friends loves Sandra and when you speak to her you know why. I was so thrilled when I realized that this amazing woman would be my mom too (that was long before my wedding day). So it's easy to say Gerald (and myself) wanted to find some way to honor her. Now as far as my side goes Ann also comes from a very special person, my Aunt Shirley. My Aunt Shirley was my dad's oldest sister, she passed away when my dad was 13 and though we've never met I've always felt a connection with her. Part of that may be because many of my relatives (my Dad especially) have always said that she and I look a lot a like. So it just seemed right to use her middle name. I should also add that all of her siblings rave about what a sweet person she was and how much she loved her family (especially her children), Though she was taken from us at only 25 years old, I think this is the least I can do to honor her as well.

Also I would like to note that our little Lucy will have a part of her Great Grandma Dodge with her too. My grandma's first name is LaRee, and Lucy's first two initials are L.A. like the first two letters of her grandma's name.
To wrap up our daughter may have a more traditional name but her name has meaning and was picked out with love by both her parents!
Xoxo,
Amber & Lucy

Why do you have to make your Auntie cry? Amber I LOVE YOU so much! Also Lucy Ann's initial LA are the same as grandmas LaRee Adams! You'll need to make sure to save this Blog in a format that Lucy can have and read when she's older.
ReplyDeleteAgain ILY
Aunt Cleo
I love you too auntie! and wow I didn't even realize that until you said it! :)
ReplyDelete