Friday, April 30, 2010

17 week bump & appointment update!

So this past Wednesday we had an appointment w/our Kaiser midwife. I'm not super found of her based on our first visit (she was very cold) but I think maybe she was just having an off day because she was much friendlier this time. Either way it doesn't matter a whole lot because the likelihood that she would deliver Lulu is slim (I promise a detailed post on why that is will come... eventually). But what matters is that Lulu sounded great! We got to hear her little heartbeat and I love the fact that every time the midwives seem to find her fast and they always comment on how strong she sounds!! Not only does it make me proud but it's simply reassuring that since we don't know too much about her at this point but we do know (health wise) seems to be great! Her little heart was beating fast too, the midwife clocked her at 160 beats per minute! We also got to schedule our official ultrasound while we were there! The best part is that it's just a week and a half away on May 11th! We are very excited to get confirmation that Lulu is indeed a girl.
On a funny note, my midwife made a comment that I thought only a mom or someone who really wants children could take as a compliment. While checking the heartbeat she said that I had a great torso for carrying twins or triplets because it's so long and that she would bet I don't get any stretch marks! She said I have a good body for pregnancy! I know it seems silly but I felt proud hearing all that (except for the twins/triplets part! thanks but hopefully no thanks!).


Well I know these are almost a week late but here are a few 17 week belly bump shots! She is getting so big and I feel her more and more each day! Gerald is so sweet every night before I go to sleep, he lays next to me and put his hands on my belly waiting to feel her kick. Then he'll lay his head my my belly and tell her come on kick me or something sweet like that! :)




Well that's about all for now!!
Until next time....
xoxo,
Amber & Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment